CalFresh, also known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) can help you stretch your monthly budget! The purpose of CalFresh is to promote the health and well-being of qualified students by providing food dollars each month to buy foods like fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains and so much more.
Benefits are distributed to a discrete EBT card that can be used like a debit card at many of the major chain grocery stores including: COSTCO and Trader Joe's. The Berkeley Student Food Collective also takes EBT!
California AB 1930 has made Cal Fresh more inclusive for college student enrollment. If you are eligible/qualify for ANY of the following, you are eligible for Cal Fresh:
- Pell Grant, Cal Grant A or B
- Participant of ANY of the following:
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
- College Disabled Students Program and Services/Student Academic Support
- Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) Program
- UC McNair Program
- CalFresh Employment and Training Program
- Mathematics, Engineering Science Achievement (MESA) Program
- Puente Project
- Foster Youth Success Initiative
- Cooperating Agencies Foster Youth
- Educational Support (CAFYES)
- Extended Foster Care (AB 12/AB 212)
- Guardian Scholars Program
- Chafee Educational Training Voucher Program
- Eligible for Federal Work Study
Cal Fresh Clinics are hosted every Friday:
- 1st , 3rd, and 5th Friday of the month, clinics are from 9-12PM.
- 2nd, 4th Friday of the month, clinics are from 1-5PM.
If you are interested in signing up for the next clinic, SIGN UP HERE
If you are not eligible for Cal Fresh, but have need for ongoing food support, you may qualify for our UC Berkeley Food Assistance Program. Learn more here.
If you need FOOD NOW, click here to learn about the resources available to you.
Please have the following items for your appointment
1. Pell Grant, Cal Grant A or B, and/or Federal Work Study (a screen shot will do). To access your offer, click here
2. Rent or Lease Agreement
3, Identification Card (any is ok, ex: California, CAL ID)
4. If you are working an outside job, bring your pay stubs
If you have any questions, contact Hong Heng, the CalFresh Program Coordinator:
locations to Use Your Cal Fresh Funds
To find more information about local farmers' markets that accept CalFresh EBT, visit Ecology Center.
For more general information on where you can use your CalFresh EBT card, check here to find stores and ATMS in your area.
Campus Cal Fresh Contact Info
Via email: email@example.com