EatFresh.org is an online resource for CalFresh (SNAP, or food stamps) eligible individuals and families, though this website is a great resource for anyone who wants to improve their health. Our goals are
- To encourage cooking at home with fresh foods and minimally processed non-perishables
- To show users that healthy change happens even though barriers exist
- To better understand the link between lifestyle/diet choices with the prevention of chronic diseases
The EatFresh.org website features 6 areas:
- Different recipes based on meal type, cuisine, cooking environment, dietary info, step-by-step recipe and specific ingredient or keyword.
- Meal Plans
- Different meal plans which meet different requests are provided: crockpot/slow cooker meal plans, kids-friendly meal plans, low added sugar meal plans, vegetarian meal plans and very quick meal plans.
- Discover Foods
- Questions on a specific kind of fruit or vegetable? Find information on: how to purchase it from your local farmer's markets, tips on storage and cooking, and dietary benefits.
- Ask a Dietitian
- You can submit dietary questions online and be answered by an EatFresh.org dietitian or explore the FAQs.
- Learn ways to put you and your family on a path to better health.
- My Local Resources
- Select from the list of counties to view food resources located in the county, including farmer's markets, food banks, and government agencies.
How to use EatFresh.org
Take a free EatFresh.org Mini Course Online!